Rock Springs Rotary Nature Center
Rotary Nature Center Rock Springs Rotary Park, 1428 E 3rd Street
Rotary Nature Center
The Rock Springs Rotary Nature Center is available for rent year-round.
A beautiful rental facility surrounded by natural prairie, wildflowers, and nature. A perfect spot for small weddings, baby showers, birthday parties and more! With an open layout, restrooms a serving kitchen.
- Capacity: 50
- Tables & chairs included – 11 x 8ft Rectangle, 56 chairs
|Security/Damage Deposit (Refundable upon Inspection and Key Return)
|RSRNC Full Day Rate 8am– 10pm Required Saturday & Sunday
|RSRNC Half Day Rate 8am-3pm/3pm-10pm (Monday – Friday only)
|RSRNC Hourly Rental Fee (2 hour minimum) (Monday – Thursday/Friday between 8am – 3pm only)
|$30 per hour
|$50 per hour
|RSRNC & Fire Pit Full Day Rate 8am– 10pm Required Saturday & Sunday
|RSRNC & Fire Pit Half Day Rate 8am-3pm/3pm-10pm (Monday – Friday only)
Important Renter information Building Rules and Regulations
Qualified Groups and Individuals– The facilities may be reserved for use by the following subject to the terms of these rules and regulations:
- Reservations for the facilities can be made with the park office on a first-come first–serve basis. Full payment of all fees are due at time of booking. This includes the rental fee, security/damage deposit. Dates can be checked over the phone; however, dates will not be reserved until all necessary paperwork is received in the office. The OPRD can accept reservations on an on-going basis with approval from the Director.
- Fees can be paid using cash, check, credit or debit card unless it is 30 days prior to the event, 30 days prior no check payment is permitted, cash, credit or debit card only.
- Your facility rental is inclusive. Time for set up and clean up must be included in your reservation charged time. If your rental goes over the permitted time, you will be responsible for paying additional fees and forfeiting your deposit.
- The OPRD may require a certificate of insurance, depending on the type and size of the event. The named insured must match the name of the booking party on the application form and permit. The O’Fallon Parks and Recreation must be listed as the certificate holder as well as an additional insured with respect to general liability. If alcohol will be served/sold a liquor liability insurance is also required.
- The OPRD may require additional staff, security, depending on type and size of the event. Additional staff charges will apply.
- All deposits are fully refundable at the end of the rental once the key has been returned to the Parks office, free of damage, and the rental stays within the permitted timeframe. Failure to clean after the event, or damage has been incurred to the rented or shared spaces due to the event , or rental goes beyond the permitted time , partial or full forfeiture of your deposit will occur.
- Deposits paid by credit cards will be refunded back to the card on return of the key. Deposits paid by cash or check will be refunded back by check via mail 2 to 4 weeks after return of the key. Deposits will only be returned to the applicant named on the contract.
- Set Up and Clean Up – All set up and cleanup is to be done by groups using the facility. The booking party will not be permitted in the room to set up or clean up before or after the requested rental time. Your caterer, DJ, decoration committee or any other outside service must arrive during your rental time. Early set up will not be permitted without additional rental fees.
- Early delivery of items such as additional tables or chairs for your event must be approved by the Parks office. The OPRD does not accept responsibility for any items brought in early. The OPRD does not accept responsibility for any items left after your event.
- The booking party is completely responsible for all set up and breakdown, including stacking of tables and chairs correctly and putting them away after the event. Foods providers (caters) are required to bag and remove trash into dumpsters as well as clean tabletops.
- Clean-up equipment will be made available in the janitorial room next to the restroom. Failure to properly clean the building will result in forfeiture of rental deposit and denial of future reservations.
- Renters will be responsible for removing decorations, sweeping, mopping if needed, wiping down tables and chairs, returning tables and chairs to the appropriate location, emptying all trash cans and throwing trash bags in the dumpster located on the east side of the building or located opposite in the parking lot. Renters are also responsible for wiping down counters, sinks, refrigerator in the kitchen if the kitchen is used.
- Clean up must be done only during the time the facility has been reserved. Renters will be charged for any clean up that lasts longer than the requested reservation time and may result in the forfeiture of your deposit.
- All food, beverages, equipment, and rented supplies must be removed from the premises immediately after your use of the facility and not later than the time stated on your contract.
- Prior to leaving the facility, please double check your belongings to make sure you have not inadvertently packed up any OPRD equipment with your items.
- The premises must be left as clean and neat of a condition as found at the beginning of the rental period. Damages to the facility by the renter, guests, volunteers, vendors, or attendees shall be assessed fees to replace and/or repair damages. If the facility is not returned to its original condition, the renter will forfeit some or all of the deposit.
- The kitchen in the RSNC is not equipped for cooking; but, prepared food may be brought into the building for serving, provided all food and catering equipment is removed at the end of the event/activity.
- Kitchens must be cleaned prior to your departure.